State Business Leadership Conference (SBLC)
SBLC is the premier event for California PBL and the first level of the national business competition program. Participants have exciting opportunities to:
- Compete in over 60 business and career preparation competitions!
- Run for a state officer position!
- Participate in informative and interactive leadership workshops!
- Ladies participate in our annual California MISS PBL!
- Be a voting delegate and elect the leaders of California PBL!
- Network with FBLA-PBL members from across the state, as well as with national leaders!
2011 State Business Leadership Conference:
Date: Friday, March 25 – Saturday, March 26, 2011
Location: Hotel Maya, Long Beach (website)
Monday February 28, 2011
Early Bird Conference Registration Form & Payment DUE
Skills Competitive Events Request due to email@example.com DUE
Monday March 7, 2011
Regular Conference Registration Form & Payment DUE
Monday March 21, 2011
Late Conference Registration Form & Payment DUE
Questions? Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and chapter.
IMPORTANT SBLC RESOURCES
SBLC Regisgration Package
SBLC Excel Registration Form
California Awards Program
Calendar of Important Events 2010 – 2011
2010 – 2011 PBL Competitive Topics
Attractions and Restaurants
Scholarship 2010-2011 Packet
State Candidate Application
Competitive Event Resources
Competitive Event Questions? Email email@example.com
A couple of programs and website issues have been fixed:
1. SBLC Scholarship Deadline is March 21
2. CAP errors:
(a) Students may enter any up to 3 knowledge events.
(b) “Web Site Development” got renamed to “Web Site Design” this year–the CAP now matches the rubric.
(c) Parliamentary Procedure is an Individual event at State (written portion only).
(d) To submit Who’s Who in PBL nominees please do so using the registration excel sheet.
3. All PDF documents can now be viewed using Apple Preview.
4. Fresh Start is now uploaded onto the website.
5. An updated version of the SBLC Excel Registration Form has been uploaded. (Business communication is now correctly listed under performance, the new events for this year have been added to the form).